How to Become a Christian
Jesus said, in John 3:7, "You must be born again." The necessity is absolute; you must be born again.
There is nothing that can substitute for the new birth. The truth, as well as some false substitutes, are explained in the first chapter of the Book of John. In verse 12-13 we read, " But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God."
In these verses it is clear:
1. What will make you a child of God? Receiving Christ.
2. What will not make you a child of God?
a. Being born of blood. This means you cannot inherit salvation.
b. Being born of the will of the flesh. This means just turning a new leaf and adopting a philosophy.
c. Being born of the will of man. This means a ceremony cannot save you.
You must be born of God.
All you have to do is:
1. Repent from your sins. This means a turning away from sins.
2. Believe that Jesus died for your sins.
3. Believe that He was buried and raised from the dead by God after three days.
4. Ask Him to forgive your sins.
5. Receive Him as Lord and Savior.
If you have never done this, and if you feel the burden of sin and know that you will spend eternity in Hell unless you are saved, just ask Jesus to come into your heart.
Just pray this simple prayer:
"Jesus, I know I am a sinner. Please forgive my sins and make me a child of God."
If you sincerely prayed this prayer, you are part of the Family of God. We would like to celebrate with you in your decision. Please e-mail us at email@example.com
Several things will be helpful for your new faith.
1. Get a Bible and read it daily. A good place to start is the Book of John.
2. Pray daily. Just talk to God. You don't have to use fancy language. He is waiting to hear from you.